Project / Contract Based
Darwin and remote Northern Territory
SITZLER is a multi disciplined construction contractor that has been operating since 1976 and undertakes projects throughout NT, SA & WA. We maintain an integrated Management System, independently certified to comply with OHSAS 18001, AS/NZS 4801, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and the Federal Safety Commission OHS Accreditation Scheme.
We are seeking HSE Advisors who thrive in challenging situations and are passionate about promoting continual improvement in Safety, Environment and Quality in every aspect of our operations.
Key attributes and skills:
- You will hold minimum Certificate IV in Occupational Health & Safety
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia without sponsorship
- Must be able to work remotely as required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years HSE experience in a construction related role with Tier 1 & Tier 2 company experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of legislation and OFSC criteria
- Highly motivated with a proactive, hands on and effective problem solving approach
- Exposure to working on large scale commercial & civil projects including understanding of construction materials and methods
- Strong communication & organisational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with attention to detail
- First Aid, Fire Warden & Extinguisher Training, Internal Auditor competency, Electrical Test & Tag Licence, Working at Heights, EWP High Risk Work Licence
- Nationally Recognised Construction Induction
- Drivers Licence
- Facilitate and manage HSE compliance related to the project and reporting directly to the Project Manager & SEQ Manager
- Facilitate training, inductions, inspections / audits, incident investigations, reporting functions and coordination of consultation & communication forums
- Maintain compliance and accurate records in accordance with the Sitzler management system and legislative requirements
- Provide HSE leadership and guidance to project staff
- Prepare / review SWMS for works associated with the project
Salary will be according to experience. Sitzler is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please click below and follow the prompts.