Full Time Permanent Position
SITZLER is a multi disciplined construction contractor that has been operating since 1976 and undertakes projects throughout NT, QLD, SA & WA. We maintain an integrated Management System, independently certified to comply with ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and the Federal Safety Commission OHS Accreditation Scheme.
We are seeking an Environmental Advisor who thrives in challenging situations and is passionate about promoting continual improvement in Safety, Environment and Quality in every aspect of our operations.
Key attributes and skills:
- You will hold minimum Certificate IV in Environmental and Sustainability Management or similar qualification and/or studying towards an Environmental Degree
- Minimum of 3 years Environmental Advisor experience in a construction-related role with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 company
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia without sponsorship
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of environmental federal, state, territory legislation and ISO 14001
- Demonstrated experience in writing Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Highly motivated, proactive with excellent problem solving, communication, record-keeping, report writing skillset
- Advanced computer skills with high level of attention to detail
- Nationally Recognised Construction Induction
- Drivers Licence
- Roving construction site / office based role.
- Open to working in remote locations
- Prepare Project Environmental Management Plans for tenders and projects in line with the management system and project requirements, maintain currency and monitor compliance
- Facilitate environmental risk assessments for workplaces and ensure the controls are implemented in accordance with legislative and management system requirements
- Undertake environmental inspections, monitoring and auditing as required for the projects / system compliance requirements
- Provide Environmental leadership and guidance to project staff
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Sitzler.
Salary will be according to experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button below to send us a cover letter and your current CV.
Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia and may require:
- A current and valid driver’s licence
- Pre-employment medical examination
- Police and/or security clearances.