Permanent Full time, Construction site based roles
Darwin and remote NT
SITZLER are a multi disciplined construction contractor that has been operating since 1976 and undertakes projects throughout NT, SA, WA & QLD. We maintain an integrated Management System, independently certified to comply with ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and the Federal Safety Commission OHS Accreditation Scheme.
We are seeking project based HSE Advisors who thrives in challenging situations and is passionate about promoting continual improvement in Safety, Environment and Quality in every aspect of our operations.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- You will hold minimum Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety
- Must have a minimum of 2 years HSE experience in a construction related role with Tier 1 & Tier 2 company experience
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia without sponsorship
- Ability to work on local Darwin, NT projects and work away remotely in the NT as required
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, Territory legislation and OFSC criteria
- Highly motivated, proactive with excellent problem solving, communication, record keeping, report writing skillset
- Exposure to working on large scale commercial & civil projects including understanding of construction materials and methods
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with attention to detail
- First Aid, Fire Warden & Extinguisher Training, Internal Auditor competency, Electrical Test & Tag Licence, Working at Heights, EWP High Risk Work Licence will be highly regarded
- Nationally Recognised Construction Induction
- Drivers Licence
- Facilitate and manage HSE compliance related to the project and reporting directly to the Project Manager & SEQ Manager
- Facilitate training, inductions, inspections / audits, incident investigations, reporting functions and coordination of consultation & communication forums
- Prepare / review SWMS for works associated with the project
- Maintain compliance and accurate records in accordance with the Sitzler management system and legislative requirements
- Provide HSE leadership and guidance to project staff
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Sitzler.
Salary will be according to experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button below to send us a cover letter and your current CV.
Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia and may require:
- A current and valid driver’s licence
- Pre-employment medical examination with drug & alcohol screening
- Police and/or security clearances